Saturday, September 29, 2012

Your Local Music Scene Is Not Dead!


Your Local Music Scene Is Not Dead!

The local scene here in Atlanta isn’t like it used to be.  I can remember 20 years ago or so where there were venues of just about every size to accommodate all the different levels of bands.  I’m sure every city at one time was like this.  Here in Atlanta you had the small upstart venues like PJ’s Nest, The Wreck Room and The Somber Reptile.  Just about every rock/metal band in the city got started here.  

3 comments:

  1. We weren't rock or metal, but one my bands first show was at the Somber Reptile. There was a fairly big crowd. 100 or so. We also played what I think was the Cajun Kitchen, because the Somber Reptiles soundman didn't show up. We also played next door at a venue called The Library
    (2002 or 3). The only time I'd heard of the Library was when we played it. I wasn't surprised when the Somber Reptile closed though. No crowds. Lenny's was like that at the end. Good size space with 1-5 people paying to watch the bands play. Sucks but you can't do shit about it. I blame the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also blame the Internet for posting my comment twice.

    ReplyDelete